How to Grill a Peach
There’s nothing that says “summer” more than biting into a fresh peach, like Sweet Peaches and Georgia Peaches from Pittman & Davis. Fresh Georgia peaches are meant to be savored on the back porch as a refreshing, juicy afternoon snack – or baked into a delicious cobbler or crisp and served warm with ice cream or whipped cream! But grilled peaches are a special treat.
Grilling caramelizes peaches perfectly and brings out their natural sweetness. And it’s actually quite easy to do! Read on to find out how you can bring delicious new flavor to your peaches:
5 Steps to a Perfectly Grilled Peach
- Pick the perfect peach. Buy peaches that are firm and just about ripe so its sturdy enough to stand up to the grilling process.Serving suggestion: Top a bed of arugula with grilled peaches and goat cheese and serve with balsamic dressing.
- Prepare the peaches. Peaches have a natural “seam” along their sides. Using a sharp knife, slice the peach through to the pit along that seam all the way around the circumference of the fruit, then twist to split the peach in half. The pit will remain in one half of the peach…you can remove it easily using a melon baller, spoon or cookie scoop (don’t use a knife to remove the pit, as this may split the peach half).Serving a suggestion: Add a dollop of ricotta cheese or whipped cream to the pit cavity of the grilled peach half. You can also add a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
- Prepare the grill. Make sure the grill is clean and well oiled. Heat a gas grill to medium. If you are cooking on a charcoal grill, wait until the coals have died down to medium to low heat.
- Grill one side of the peaches. Brush the cut sides of the peaches with olive oil and grill, cut side down, until the peaches develope grill marks and start to soften (about 4 to 5 minutes).Serving suggestion: Try adding a little salt to the peach halves after brushing them with olive oil.
- Flip the peaches and finish grilling. Brush the tops of the peaches with oil, turn over and move to the side of the grill to continue cooking over indirect heat (another 4 to 5 minutes).Serving suggestion: Add flavor by brushing the peaches with maple syrup, vanilla, butter mixed with brown sugar, bourbon, rum, molasses, a balsamic glaze – whatever sounds good!
Sweet as a Georgia Peach!
To find out why they’re so famous, order Georgia Peaches online from Pittman & Davis! Our peaches online are tree-ripened to perfection in southern Georgia and picked only when they are sweet and juicy. When you buy Georgia Peaches from us, you’re getting hand-selected fruit that’s met our vigorous standards for fragrance, size, and – most of all – flavor. George peach gifts from Pittman & Davis are a great choice for Father’s Day (after all, what Dad doesn’t fancy himself “king of the grill?”), too.
Summertime is peach season – and grilling season! So, doesn’t it make sense to combine the two? Order peaches from Pittman & Davis and try a new taste treat you’re sure to love!
Shop Fresh Food & Fruit Gifts
An incredible assortment of gourmet gifts, such as King Comice pears, smoked meats, cheeses, pastries, candies and many other specialty gift items. And, don’t forget, Standard Shipping is ALWAYS absolutely free!Shop Now